Sunday 4 October 2015

slowly Returning

So, after many many many months of not blogging, i am back. Not really sure what my latest blog was or what you all know but in short, in January this year i had a severe asthma attack that woke me up early in the morning. Got blue lighted to resus where i aparently had the ITU consultant bagging me untill they could get the COAL machine down from the unit. After spending a few days there, i went to the respiratory ward to need the crash team coming to my bed side as i rapidly deteriorated again. A few days after this my body decided enough was enough it needed to rest and recover so went unconcious for just under 24 hours. Horribly i woke up with breathing tubes down my throat and bang my severe complex ptsd is nade 10000000 times worse. On the 11th february (my birthday) i got moved to a secure mental health unit when i was put on observations for 2 months because my self harming had increased and i wanted to commit suicide. My lungs were and still are deteriorating rapidly. My lung function is now only 35%. My proximal myopathy has left me wheelchair bound and unable to stand. As i said previously my ptsd has gone wild and i am now being tested to see if i have a neuromuscular disease like MS. After 7 months in hospital i came home on the 4th july. I am having community support teams visitng once sometimes twice a weeks to give me help and i also have my wife looking after me full time. I am doing ok, trying to find things to do thats adapted to a life in a wheelchair and im trying to make new friends. I will try my best to keep blogging, but for now, please keep me in your prayers that things will get better. TTFN XXXX

1 comment: